Final Weekly Update for 2017 Construction Season
All lane restrictions and work operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
Two lanes remain open to traffic on I-39/90 (in each direction) during daytime hours.
NOTE: Next week Monday through Friday (8 p.m. to 5 a.m.) and Friday to Saturday (10 p.m. to 7 a.m.), nightly single lane closures are planned on I-39/90 northbound and southbound in the following work zones, unless noted otherwise. Minor delays may occur during these lane closures.
Temporary widening on I-39/90 southbound, Madison to Edgerton
County AB to East Church Road, north of US 51 interchange
County MN, Drotning Road, County W and County B underpasses
- Updated: View remaining temporary widening activities.
- Updated: County MN, Drotning Road, County W and County B under I-39/90 are now OPEN.
I-39/90 and County N interchange (Exit 147), north of Stoughton
- Updated: View remaining I-39/90 and County N interchange operations.
- Flagging operations will occur periodically on County N near the Interstate. Drive with caution through this area.
- Traffic shifts on County N in the work zone as crews finish pavement marking and restoration items. One lane remains open in each direction; be alert for these lane shifts!
- Remember to yield to traffic on your left before entering the roundabouts.
- Updated: County N is OPEN to all traffic, between the I-39/90 northbound ramps and Rinden Road, near the township of Pleasant Springs.
I-39/90 and WIS 59 interchange and Rock River bridges, near Edgerton and Newville
- All I-39/90 traffic shifted onto northbound side and bridge over the Rock River. Be alert for crossovers in this area, and please stay in your lane!
- Two lanes remain open in each direction on I-39/90, separated by a median barrier wall.
- Southbound Interstate access to the WIS 59 interchange (Exit 163) use temporary off/on ramp connections.
- Updated: View Interstate and Rock River bridge operations over winter months.
- Download the Rock River Bridge, Boater Navigation Guide!
- Navigational buoys are placed in the river under I-39/90. Boaters should slow down (this area is no wake), and be alert for construction crews and work taking place.
- Updated: Ellendale Road under I-39/90 along the Rock River will be CLOSED continuously from Monday morning (Dec.11) to Friday evening (Dec. 15). The road will also be closed during nighttime hours, and reopen on the weekends. Alternate local routes are required.
- Dates and times to be provided in advance on message boards on the roadway.
- The closures and work operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
- Flagging operations will occur periodically on Ellendale Road as crews unload trucks and reach material stored along the road.
I-39/90 expansion (WIS 11/Avalon Road interchange to US 14/Humes Road interchange) in Janesville
- All I-39/90 traffic shifted onto southbound side of Interstate, between the WIS 11/Racine Street and US 14/Humes Road interchanges.
- Two lanes remain open in each direction, separated by a median barrier wall. Be alert for crossovers in this area, and please stay in your lane!
- All ramps at the WIS 11/Racine Street and US 14 interchanges to remain open.
- Updated: View I-39/90 construction activities in this area.
- I-39/90 northbound bridge removal underway over Spring Brook/Ice Age National Scenic Trail – weather-permitting.
- Trail under the Interstate CLOSED until spring 2018. Bicyclists and pedestrians should follow posted detour route.
- Traffic shifted on I-39/90 southbound from the WIS 11 (Racine Street) interchange to the WIS 11/Avalon Road interchange in Janesville. Please be alert and stay in your lane!
I-39/90 expansion (Hart Road bridge over I-39/90 to WIS 11/Avalon Road interchange), north of Beloit
For more information, contact:
I-39/90 Project Communications Manager
(608) 884-1230 | [email protected]